VOLUNTEER ROLES FOR POP-UP BIKE LANE & BBQ ON MOODIE DR
- The Healthy Transportation Coalition is seeking motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to work between 10am-4pm as pop-up project volunteers from June 26th - July 22nd ,2018 to promote safe cycling and speed reduction.
Name: The Healthy Transportation Coalition
Telephone number: 819-319-2258
Date of event: Sunday, 22nd July 2018
Specific location: Moodie Dr, south of Robertson Road, and north of Seyton Drive
- Over a 5-year period on average, 2/5th of road fatalities are pedestrians and cyclists. Hence the need to ensure speed reduction and safe cycling infrastructure within the City
- Ottawa’s upcoming municipal election is an opportunity to have this issue recognized by candidates as the Transportation Master Plan is being updated
This work includes, but is not limited to:
Prior to event:
- Seek petition signatures
- Distribution of pamphlets
- Help with the promotion of the pop-up project
- Correspond with community members to engage them in our activities and initiatives, keeping them informed
- Promote our volunteering opportunities
Day of event:
- Volume counts for cyclists
- Cyclist & Resident survey to collect feedback and their contact details
- Assist with BBQ
- Photographer, to cover entirety of event (from installation to take down of set-up)
- Video recording of people sharing thoughts etc.
- Please fill in this Volunteer survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LX78FWC at the end of the event for volunteer feedback
- Able to communicate in English orally and in writing (ability to also communicate in French is considered a strong asset)
- Sense of initiative
- Personable, positive attitude
- Comfortable speaking with others
Good for people interested in:
- Event planning and participation, communication and promotion, community organizing, anti-fatalities, accessibility public transportation.
How does this benefit you?
- You can gain an understanding of city politics, event logistics, and how to work with residents and city-decision makers on meaningful issues
Please contact me to share your availability (dates and hours):